The Boy Scouts of America has several online tools available to help unit leaders and other Scouters with Training, Advancement, Rechartering and other aspects of their Scouting Responsibilities.
Your MyScouting account gives you access to Scouting resources specific to your role in Scouting. These resources are intended to help you perform your Scouting duties most effectively.
Create an account to*:
- take Youth Protection and other BSA training
- access unit, district, and council tools
- register for events
- keep in touch with members and alumni
*Some of these tools require a Member ID.
Units can use Internet Advancement to record their youth member advancements online. You will find this new method to be easy, convenient, and accurate because you enter the information, and it will save you the effort of hand writing advancements onto a three-part carbon form. Use Internet Advancement for adding ranks, merit badges and awards. and to update information on existing advancements (except the Eagle Scout rank).
Things you will need
- Unit ID # - If you do not have this, use the link on the right "Forgot Your Unit ID Number" and you can send an email to get your number.
- Advancement Records - To enter in once you get into the system.
- Printer Access - So that you can print your Advancement Update Summary.
- System Requirements - Explorer 5.5 or higher, 56K or faster Internet connection
Internet Rechartering allows you to renew your unit's charter online and perform the following actions:
- Select members from your existing charter roster
- Promote members from another unit
- Add new members
- Update member information
- Print a summary of costs associated with the new charter.
Before beginning Internet Rechartering, collect all member information, including new member forms with the appropriate signatures. To complete the process, you must be connected to a printer to print the final report for signature.