Your generosity is an investment in "HONOR" Scouting is something that works its way deep into the minds and hearts of the young men and women it touches. Ask any old salt who claims to have been a Scout to repeat the Scout Oath and, despite the fact that he has probably forgotten much, he will recite "On my honor..." without hesitation. Isn't a program that can have that much impact on a life worth your support? Even if you can't be an active leader, your financial support can insure that the good work Scouting does continues here in Northeastern Pennsylvania with a number of programs tailored to match your ability to give.
Friends of Scouting
Northeastern Pennsylvania Council is a non-profit organization dedicated to developing strong character, good citizenship, and promoting physical fitness in the youth of this region. Your financial gift of any size ensures that Scouting's 90 year tradition of serving youth will continue here in Northeastern Pennsylvania. We depend on families, leadership, and community organizations that benefit from Scouting to help out with direct contributions.
To insure the future of our council and our ability to continue serving the youth of our area, our council has created a special Endowment Fund. The money in the Endowment Fund is carefully invested by a corporate trustee, under guidelines given to it by the Council Executive Board. The purpose of an endowment fund is to never spend the principal of the fund. Instead, interest earned by the fund each year is transferred into the operating fund to help finance the council's programs.
The endowment fund needs to grow each year. The National Boy Scout Council believes that ultimately 25% of a council's operating budget will need to come from this kind of income. Everyone can help build our endowment fund in any of the following ways.
- The Tribute Fund - A wonderful way to recognize or memorialize others, while helping insure youth are touched by Scouting's values.
- James E. West Fellowship - The James E. West Fellowship Award is bestowed on all individuals who donate at least $1,000 to the Endowment Fund.
- Scouting Heritage Society - The Heritage Society recognizes individuals who leave a contribution in their will, make an outright donation, or some other investment vehicle to benefit the Northeastern Pennsylvania Council Endowment Fund.
- The 1910 Society - To qualify for this prestigious recognition, an individual, company, or organization must donate $25,000 or more to the Council Endowment Fund.
- The Founders Circle - In order to qualify for the Founders Circle an individual must make a minimum contribution of $100,000 to the local council endowment fund of the donor's choice.
- Estate Planning - The Boy Scouts of America conducts estate planning seminars through out the United States. We have included an on-line version of this seminar here at our website. This presentation is for information only. Please do not do anything before speaking to a qualified estate planner.