The Beaver campsite is a terrific site if you want to be someplace a bit more separated from other sites but nearby the center of the camp. Located just below and to the west of the Administration Building, Beaver overlooks the Pond with a mix of open areas and lightly wooded terrain. The 18 platforms are arranged in small clusters that can work well for organizing your unit into small groups, yet the site is compact enough to maintain the all-together feeling.
Site capacity: For medium to larger sized units
Special Features: Lightly wooded with some clearing in the centers
Latrine type: Classic-style pit latrine
Beaver in the Summer features:
- 18 2-man platforms with tents
- 2 metal frame cots with mattresses in each tent.
- Program tarp & Dining Fly
- 2 Picnic Tables
- Open center area yielding a fair amount of sunshine during the day.
- Has it's own latrine and washstand.
Fall, Winter, and Spring features:
- Platforms remain in place and may be used with your own tents.
- Water generally at site from mid-May to late September.
- Usually accessible during the winter
Location of Campsite in Camp